Thursday, July 26, 2007

Week #9 - Sneaking my way into the bedroom

I cannot remember whether I have told you that Mrs. Nice didn't really like for me to take my naps on her bed. At first the bed was completely off limits.

Then I started joining her in the morning when she would make the bed. She'd open the shades and I could sit on the window sill and look outside.

One day she left the bedroom door open and I laid down on the bedspread. She thought it was cute. The rule changed to: Stella may rest on the bed, but the spread must be on the bed.

Another rule was that I could not sleep in the bedroom at night. They put the door handles upright to keep me from opening the door and hung a scary balloon there which would pop when I jumped at it.

Then I would sleep in between the hallway and the bedroom before they came to go to bed. I must've looked so cute and they didn't want to wake me, so they left their door open and put the blanket on the floor. Mrs. Nice softened and put my little basket into their room for me to sleep in with the condition that I would not come into their bed.

One night I thought I'd give it a try. Mrs. Nice went to bed and I jumped on the bottom part of the bed. Mr. Nice started laughing and they let me stay there under the condition that I stay at the end of the bed.

Can you see the progression? This is the way to do it .. be sneaky about it, be cute and they will let you do anything. That's my story for week #9. Gotta go and check out the neighborhood! Have a nice weekend!

5 comments:

Dirty Fingernails said...

We love to watch Stella and her antics.. Mischief is fun to read..

SchneiderHein said...

Katzen wissen ganz genau was sie wollen und wie sie ihre Ziele erreichen. Da scheint Stella der beste Beweis zu sein.
Das Problem hatten unsere beiden nie. Maus war vom ersten Tag an mit im Bett. Den ersten Tag allein ohne Mama und Geschwister, mit ihren gerade 12 Wochen und extrem wärmebedürftig. Das hätten wir dem kleinen Kätzchen nie antun können. Außerdem steht unser Bett frei zugänglich im Haus - wir haben keine Tür, die unsere beiden hätte fernhalten könnte. Also liegt mal die eine oder die andere oder sogar beide mit im Bett. Anstrengend wir es nur, wenn Allegra auf die Idee kommt sich auf meinen Rücken zu legen. Dann sind die Rückenschmerzen am nächsten Morgen vorprogrammiert.
Liebe Grüße Silke

SchneiderHein said...

Hallo Stella, sicherlich hast Du noch viel aus Deinem Leben bei Mr. und Mrs. Nice zu berichten. Falls Dir die Ideen ausgehen sollten, hätten Maus&Allegra 5 Fragen an Dich. Sie wurden von Little Cat Zee getagged und haben dann an Dich gedacht. Vielleicht hast Du ja Lust und Zeit die Fragen zu beantworten. Wenn nicht, auch gut.
Mehr Infos dazu gibt es auf dem Blog von Maus&Allegra.

Bek said...

Stella, ich stimme ganz mit dir ueberein! Ich finde, jede Katze soll das Recht haben, im Bett zu schlafen! So machen es zumindest unsere:)

Anonymous said...

Stella has you and Mr. Nice SO trained! Too funny! Yes, that is the way it begins. However, with eight I have had to be firm on the no cats in the bedroom at night thing. One or maybe two purring next to you are fine, but eight? I'd never get any sleep!