Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ready or not - here I am

Day One Continued ....

I had to go on a scary ride in the car. Who knows where they were going to take me? During the ride Mr. & Mrs. Nice were talking in the car about their plans for me, i.e. like not being allowed outdoors for the first few weeks without leash. I started to wonder if I really picked the right couple. The ride did not take too long and we arrived at my new home. Since I had to sit in the carrier I couldn't see my new house when we got out the car.

I heard the door open and being locked with a key. Riiiiight, they remembered - I OPEN DOORS! Pretty smart Mr. & Mrs. Nice! They must have the memory of elephants.

In the livingroom my carrier was opened where I peaked outside. "Looks pretty nice", I thought and got out. Then I looked for the new stuff - toys, scratching post and sleeping basket WITH a soft pillow. They must know about cats. But why on earth is the scratching post next to a couch and not near the window? THAT has to change. I've got to take it nice and slow though. First I must make an impression on them.

Here I am looking around my new place.
Not bad, tiled floor. Don't mind my fuzzy coat please. They didn't brush me very often at the shelter. You can't be too picky at a place like that. I am going to change this at this house. This place is like an oasis! I must have picked the right couple.

Check out the basket! Pretty neat, isn't it?

Hey, this is a house with a view! A garden!


Well, Mr. Nice came to me begging, "Stella, the scratch post was quite expensive, why don't you use it?" I wanted to say, "Dummy, there is no view where you've placed it now." But Mrs. Nice said, "The cat doesn't care what you paid for the thing. Move it to the window." "Pretty smart Mrs. Nice! I think I am going to like you!"

So, here I am on my expensive scratch post. Satisfied, Mr. Nice?


After all this excitement it was time for a nap. I will tell you more soon.






No comments: